Is Telus removing their unlimited plan?

Discussion in 'Telus' started by Micky, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Micky

Micky New Member

Is Telus internet removing their unlimited plan? If so then its a big shame a company like Telus who claims to be better than Rogers and Bell are removing a plan which I know many of their users have. I don't know the exact details but I think that the unlimited plan is being replaced by the 1Gb plan. Has anyone else heard of this news?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Having a fair usage policy or having data limits is fast becoming the norm worldwide and we cannot blame the internet companies for doing this. The problem is that out of say 100 customers that are on unlimited connection say just 5 of them turn out to be torrent users who just use their connections for seeding and downloading torrents then the rest of 95 would also feel the congestion as residential broadband is shared unlike business broadband which is not shared or in other words has 1:1 contention ration or a little higher but residential broadband is most prone to abuse and having data limits for every one makes sure that no one abuses the connection.

You may argue that they get paid for providing a 5mbps connection for instance and they should provide it but what really happens is that you share the same bandwidth pipe with 28 others or whatever be the contention ration of your connection and this is what keeps the prices low. Having data limits makes sure that no one leaves their system on just to seed tons of videos etc.

These data limits are hardly ever touched by a normal user like me and I call myself a heavy user.