Need a good reliable broadband connection in Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada Broadband' started by Josua, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Josua

Josua New Member

I live in Toronto and require a new broadband connection, which would give me at least 10mbps speed and data usage of about 50Gb, my monthly budget is $50, but can increase if the connection has good reviews. Most importantly I require a connection which is reliable and where the speed will not fluctuate and stay steady.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

For all residential broadband services there will be fluctuation in the throughput you would get as an end user as these are shared connections so when lots of people in the area try to use the internet at the same time then you will see some degradation in speed. If you can afford it or feel the need then get a business broadband plan with 1:1 contention ration and that would mean you will get a dedicated line. That is if you use your connection for critical business processes and stuff but if it is purely for residential purposes then just go for normal internet connection from one of the companies available in your area.

The best way to find out about the quality of service is to ask people who live around there and see which one works the best in your part of the town. Broadband service quality is a very local thing and cannot be generalised by saying so and so company is good.